As a patient at Virginia Cancer Specialists, the following information will be helpful in navigating through the practice.
Your Patient Benefit Specialist will contact your insurance to verify your benefits and ensure that you understand them completely. They will answer any questions or concerns you may have.
3040 Williams Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
Phone: (703) 208-3111
Fax: (866) 550-9677
Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday except for major holidays
Our Business Office will file your insurance claims. If your insurance plan requires a referral, you will be responsible for obtaining one before we can provide medical services. As participating providers with your insurance company, we are contractually obligated to collect co-payments at the time that services are rendered.
At times, there may be treatment opportunities that are not covered by your insurance provider. Your Benefit Specialist will assist patients with gathering information. Patients will need to discuss these options with their insurance provider.
If you have any questions regarding your statements, please do not hesitate to contact our Business Office at (703) 208-3111 and listen to the prompt for your specific insurance. For all questions regarding bills for ancillary services, including but not limited to labs, scans or MRIs and hospitals, please contact them directly.
As our practice policy, please be aware of the following patient responsibilities:
- Co-Payments - Co-payments and/or current balances are due at the time of your visit.
- Referrals - Please obtain current referrals as required by your insurance carrier.
- Personal Information - Please notify our office of changes regarding your personal or insurance information.
- Check-Out - Always remember to check-out to complete your appointment.
- Medical Records Requests - Virginia Cancer Specialists follows fees set forth by Virginia State Law for Medical Records Requests. Please allow two weeks for processing.
- Forms - The fee for completion of forms (e.g. short term disability) is $25. All fees must be paid in full before the forms can be returned to you. Please allow at least one week for processing.